- Designed for use in either new or retrofit applications. With the use of retrofit kit, FlameStopper can be used to provide firestopping to existing through-wall/floor cable penetrations or for new installations.
- Classified to U.S. and Canadian safety standards by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. for use in through-penetration firestop systems only. Up to four-hour F and T ratings ensures product will maintain the integrity of fire rated walls or floors whether empty, partially filled or fully loaded. See chart on back page or UL Fire Resistance Directory for ratings with specific cables.
- Low air (smoke) leakage. UL tested with L Ratings from 1.9 to 5.9 cfm (cubic feet per minute).
- Plenum rated. Tested to UL2043 and determined to be suitable for air handling spaces (plenums).
- Built-in firestopping expands with exposure to heat. Engineered for rapid expansion when exposed to fire or high temperatures to quickly seal the pathway and prevent the passage of flames and smoke.
- Clean, professional installation. Appeals to owners, tenants, and inspection authorities.
- Easy to inspect. FlameStopper Thru-Wall/Floor Fittings are offered standard in a bright, easy-to-identify powder coat red or G90 finish complete with preprinted label for the installer to fill out prior to inspection approval. From installation to full cable load, the fitting remains firestopped and compliant.
- Easy to add or remove cables. Simply adjust the doors to accommodate cables as desired without the need to remove, add, or adjust firestopping intumescent materials.
- Retrofit kit for existing installations. A split conduit for installations where no conduit is installed, large firestopped wall plate for irregular hole penetrations, and a heat shield for existing extended conduit lengths, allow for firestopping virtually any existing condition without the need for repudding with firestop material after installation.
- Mechanical doors provide steel barrier between rooms. Fittings may be pre-installed for anticipated future cabling requirements. Fire ratings are preserved while doors remain closed to block off the opening until cables are installed.
- Use with any wall thickness. Fittings are shipped in pairs and installed on both sides of a wall fitted with a 2" or 4" piece of trade size EMT conduit.